WHAT IS REQUIRED OF THE CADET?
- Maintain weekly communication with your mentor.
- Keep all appointments with your mentor.
- Initiate telephone calls to the mentor and send or respond to letters to and from your mentor.
- Discuss your Life Plan with your mentor, ask for assistance if needed, and strive to meet the goals of your plan.
- Communicate with your mentor on a weekly basis.
- Participate in off-site visits with the mentor. Invite your mentor to your home to meet your parents/guardians.
- Ask your mentor to attend important events at the Academy (i.e., mentor match day, graduation).
- Perform community service projects with your mentor prior to graduation.
- Commit to staying drug-free, staying in school or staying employed after graduation from the ChalleNGe Program.